Friday, July 15, 2011

Early Morning

For me, today was an early morning.  Since I work nights, I tend to lounge around in the morning, but today I jumped out of bed and got to work.  I had this piece laid out already.  I changed the mountains in the foreground several times before I settled on this fabric.  I need more dark and toned fabrics!  Going through fabrics looking for mountains, I realized that the majority of my fabric is medium shades.  Although I do like the gradation in the border, it is not very uniform-by that I mean that there are unexpected gaps-one of the things of working with handdyed fabric.  There is so much variation in the fabric, often I have a piece sewn in before I realize that it is not quite right.  I really like the narrow red border, and the way it lies behind the hills in the foreground.

It is time to start quilting.  I have 5 pieces ready to quilt.  I have been procrastinating.  Figuring out how to stitch a piece is always a bit intimidating for me.  But, my stitching improves when I quilt several quilts in succession so I choose the one that I care about the least to start with, and by the time I get to the piece that I am the most invested in, my stitches are uniform and sortof beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...