Monday, August 30, 2010

Fireweed for Ingrid completed

Fireweed for Ingrid
I started this quilt last winter at the request of my youngest daughter, Ingrid.  She admired a similar quilt that I had made and asked that I make one for her.  I got stuck on the buds at the top of the stem and the quilt languished for several months.  Then the fireweed started blooming and I figured out how to do the tops with beads.  Today is her 23rd birthday, so I spent the afternoon doing the final stitching.  Happy Birthday, Ingrid!

A closeup of the blooms and the beaded buds at the top of the stalk.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...