Thursday, September 29, 2011

What I am Working On

I haven't posted much lately-not because I haven't been doing anything, but because I have been to busy to take pictures and post.  Then, it took hours to upload the pictures!  The two pieces on the left were bound with clamps, and on the right with rubber bands.  The fabric was originally goldish, rustish, green, then overdyed in cobalt.  They are actually alot more brown than they appear in the photo.  I am very happy with these pieces.   A closeup shown below.

I like these starbursts but too much of the fabric was bound.  I have to figure out how to spread the color.


More leaves or maybe trees.

I am really pleased with the patterning and the vlow of value and color across these pieces.  They were rolled on a string or rope then i tied the rope in a donut. I wan to try rolloing from the other direction then overdying in a different dolor.

These are all pole wrapped shibori.  I see leaves and trees.  For some reason my closeups of these are up above.
I still have more dye mixed and stored in the refrigerator and about three more yards of fabric. My plan is to play with soy wax one day soon.

This is what is on my design wall.  The red piece is ready to quilt , binding is on the teal/purple piece.  Actually, I am progressing on all pieces.  I am hand sewing on the fish piece today.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

SAQA Auction

This is my donation to the SAQA Auction which is up on the block this week.  It is a great cause.  Please, someone buy my quilt!  To place a bid on my quilt, go to:

Thursday, September 1, 2011

End of Summer Art Walk

These are the four pieces that I am showing at the End of Summer Art Walk-Tonight 5-7 PM.


I do not know why, but it seems that I go through about 20 yards of fabric before I finally start getting results that I am really happy with.  If I was more consistant with my dying, I am sure that this would not be the case.  I forget everything I learned, when there is months between dye sessions.  Next year I hope to be moving into a new studio where I can work year round.  The photo above shows some pieces that were bound with rubber bands and dyed twice.

 I really, really like these pieces. I folded the fabric in half, then stitched half circles approximately 1/2 " apart.  First I dyed the one on the left in fushia and purple and the one on the right in teal.  Then I overdyed in a very dark cobalt dye.  I dipped the stitched portion first, then scrunched the remaining fabric in a container with dye, with the stitched portion sticking above the dye-because I didn't want much of the dark in the center. 
 A silk scarf that was pole wrapped vertically and two stitched piecec that I am extremely happy with.
 A Closeup of my bark fabric.  This was stitched about 1" apart, then dyed in green.  I then overdyed with a dark brown-just wanted a little.
 Another stitched piece.  this was stitched before I realized that I needed to use smaller thread.  There are parts that should be good for something.
 Silk Scarves-pole wrapped.
 Closeup of my circular piece.
Closeup of the other circular piece.

I had to come home on my dinner break from work last night to rinse these fabrics out.  Couldn't wait until I got home!  When I came home from work, I got several more pieces of fabric ready to dyd.  Success is very motivational!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...