Sunday, June 19, 2011

More printing and small quilts

As I said in my last post, I have been making some small quilts from the prints I made but had not had time to photograph them.  Here they are.  I really like these terns that I added to the mountain print.  This piece has potential.

 The two versions of terns that I have carved.  As you can see, the style is quite different and the scale is too similar.  Try again!
 I just started cutting and adding strips to this salmon print.  I like it so far, but we will see where it goes from here.  Below are some of the small quilts that I have completed-all done except for titles and labels.






 I thought this was a great idea, but now I am not so sure.  The small piece is just pinned at this point.  I am thinking.
 This is the piece I did after the Vicki Pignatelli class.  It still needs edging.  I didn't like what I did in the class at all.  When I got home and put it on my design wall, I could see the glaring errors and didn't like the piece enough to take it apart and fix it.  So I went on and made this.  The technique has potential.

I guess I tend to go totally overboard when I get out the inks to print.  Then I have all these little pieces that I feel compelled to carry on with.  I learn something new with each piece and my quilting is ever improving if I just keep at it.  These little print pieces are great for practice and to keep me working when time is a premium and I can't be working on something more ambitious.  Two more quilts that need to be quilted.

3 comments:

  1. I always want to carve my own stamps but then I wonder what to do with them...the fish pieces are great! Good luck with your terns and did you carve the mountains too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your prints. Wow. On the one with the mountains, try placing the square slightly lower and position the focal point bird just slightly off center, not too much.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...