Monday, June 27, 2011
Saturday, June 25, 2011
My SAQA auction quilt is complete and in the mail. It is called Homeward Bound and is 12" x 12". The auction is held online in September and supports a wonderful organization.
The fabric was dyed wrapped, tied and scrunched around a piece of rope. Then I printed with a wine cork stamp and textile paint. The fish were printed using Daniel Smith relief printing inks. Next I quilted, then added bias strip and bead embellishments. Below you can see a closeup.
Wednesday, June 22, 2011
Last weekend my quilt guild had a fabric sale. A beloved member left her stass to the guild when she died last year. I knew there would be quilt backing sized fabric so I strenuously encoucouraged my Daughter-in-law to go, but I figured it would be alot of older fabric and stuff for more traditional quilts than I make. She called from there I said i had to go, so I got ready and went to look at what they had to offer. After all, it was only $2 a yard. The picture above shows what I got for $60. Like I suspected, I bought some favorite fabrics from the past.
Yesterday I went in search of fusibles. I went to three shops and bought 4 different types of fusibles-wonder under, transweb, misty fuse and one other. Of course, I purchased a few yards of fabric-have to bolster the local economy.
My new carving of a Golden Crowned Sparrow.
Monday, June 20, 2011
It is amazing what progress I can make in a short amount of time when the first thing that happens in the morning is receiving a phone call from my husband, Nick, not so delicately reminding me that I have invoices to get out! Anyway, this is what I did today.
And I did get the invoicing done!
|Closeup of quilting|
|Perhaps something like this is where I go next.|
You can see what I worked on today here:
Sunday, June 19, 2011
As I said in my last post, I have been making some small quilts from the prints I made but had not had time to photograph them. Here they are. I really like these terns that I added to the mountain print. This piece has potential.
I guess I tend to go totally overboard when I get out the inks to print. Then I have all these little pieces that I feel compelled to carry on with. I learn something new with each piece and my quilting is ever improving if I just keep at it. These little print pieces are great for practice and to keep me working when time is a premium and I can't be working on something more ambitious. Two more quilts that need to be quilted.
Wednesday, June 15, 2011
I spent the morning printing today. The first two phots show my King Salmon stamp. First I printed with fabric paint and some wine cork stamps that I made, then printed the fish with Daniel Smith ink.
I have been making little quilts out of the prints I made a few months ago, but have not photographed any of them yet.
Saturday, June 11, 2011
This is what I worked on this week. I have been working with my prints, trying to think of new ways to finish them and have been feeling in a rut. I dyed this fabric last summer. It was two pieces. I just started cutting pieces and laying it out on the wall. It was a fun exercise and I like what I have so far.