Monday, August 30, 2010

Fireweed for Ingrid completed

Fireweed for Ingrid
I started this quilt last winter at the request of my youngest daughter, Ingrid.  She admired a similar quilt that I had made and asked that I make one for her.  I got stuck on the buds at the top of the stem and the quilt languished for several months.  Then the fireweed started blooming and I figured out how to do the tops with beads.  Today is her 23rd birthday, so I spent the afternoon doing the final stitching.  Happy Birthday, Ingrid!

A closeup of the blooms and the beaded buds at the top of the stalk.

5 comments:

  1. Sally, this is gorgeous. I really like the way you captured the little buds at the top using beads. It really looks like fireweed - at least as I remember it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really wonderful. I am enjoying seeing these latest pieces you have done. It has been inspiring for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a beautiful quilt! I can't wait to hang it in my house! :)

    Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe how beautiful and intricate this art quilt is, Sally! You are so accomplished and definitely an inspiration to me. Thank you for sharing it!

    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sally this is so beautiful! You're a wonderful artist and a great mom, gramma. Will you adopt me?
    Love,
    Margie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...