Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Calllista's finger knitting

My 9 year old grand-daughter, Callista, came to visit recently.  When she asked for yarn  for finger knitting, I gave her a ball, and was totally astounded when she used it all up and wanted more.  That is alot of yarn!  I knew it was essential to make a reason for all that fingerknitting.  I had her do long ropes in three different colors.  After she had gone home, I braided the ropes and felted it.  This could be a nice strap for a felted bag, or if braided more loosely and not felted as much, I think it will be flat enough to make a belt.  A crafter in the makings!


1 comment:

  1. Callista is learning from watching you and also she is making up her own ideas as she goes along. Dang! Maybe you should have been the art teacher, not just Ingrid.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...