Thursday, August 30, 2012

Last Two Pieces Complete

This morning I finished the last two quilts for the show tomorrow at the Baranov Museum.  
Habitat
12" x 35"
 Habitat has a pieced background, constructed with commercial fabrics.  The fish and crabs were printed with hand carved stamps and Daniel Smith Oil based-water soluble printing ink.  I carve 2 crabs so I could show distance in pieces like this.  I cut out the individual fish and crabs and fused them onto the background. The rocks are freezer paper machine applique, then I hand stitched fibers and buttons and beads.  Below you can see the details in the closeup photo.
Habitat Closeup

This quilt has been in the works for a very long time.  I printed the distant mountains and the birds on commercial fabric, then it hung on my wall waiting for inspiration.  I intended to add another border beyond the arch, but I didn't have enough fabric.  Sometimes the best inspiration comes from necessity!
Sunset Over the Mountains
17.5" x 22"


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...