Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Dye Day

Prayer Flags for Ron.  My friend Ron had a stroke last week so I made these flags for him.  Truxton and Olivia graciously offered to hold them up so I could take a photo.  I will send them to Anchorage with friends that are going to visit.
 I spent the day today with my son, Nick's, kids-Truxton, Olivia and Braelyn.  We started the day previewing the movie, Winnie the Pooh, at the theater AI manage.  When we returned to my house, Braelyn took a nap, and the older kids wer busily occupied so I got out the dye I mixed up yesterday, and all of the poles that I wrapped some time ago- you can see here: http://sallysartquilts.blogspot.com/2011/07/what-i-have-been-doing.html
 Most of it I am leaving to cure overnight but I couldn't wait, and rinsed out three scarves.



 Olivia did this one for her Grandma Darlene.
 This is hers, too.  I really like the lighter blue sections.
This is one that I did.  I bound stones and tied them off with little rubber bands.   This one is not destined to remain a scarf since I was impatient removing the rubber bands and accidently cut the scarf a tiny bit.  Now I will cut it up and find a creative use for it.  Stay tuned-tomorrow I will post pics of my water and northern lights shibori.  Better turn out really cool since I have hours into the preparation for dying!

2 comments:

  1. The prayer flags are a wonderful concept. I know you aren't usually into that wooo wooo spiritual stuff, but I love the way it gives your art meaning. It's like offering someone good wishes, only it's concrete.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's a bit goofy, but I truly think that good thoughts help!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...