Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Anchorage


I just returned from spending a week in Anchorage.  I took my granddaughter, Olivia, to visit with her cousin, Callista.  That was the reason for going to Anchorage, but my daughters, Ingrid and Kristin also had an agenda!  Here you see Ingrid slaving over her sewing machine(actually, Kristin's because Ingrid couldn't find her foot pedal and power cord). 

 We had made most of the squares previously.  Here you can see the quilt with part of the sashing added, laid out on the bed to arrange the squares.
 This is how far we got.  She still has a row of 1/2 square triangles and a 6" border to add.  There was no stopping Ingrid!
 Kristin was intrigued with the prayer flags I had made.  At Christmas I gave her a 12 step fat quarter gradation which we tore up and printed with the stamps I have carved.  She could hardly wait for the ink to dry to hang them.  She strung these from the fence in front of her house.
And these in front of her lovely garden. She has one more strand in front of her house. She calls them her Alaskan Peace Flags. I want to make some for me but I have to dye more fabric first. We also made 29 jars of raspberry jam from berries growing in her yard. Of course, we showed Olivia city life too.



Build A Bear Workshop

 Waiting for Mom to get off work, outside City Hall, after an afternoon of shopping for school clothes.
After some margueritas at the house, we decided to walk to dinner.

Olivia jumping on the trampoline with her crazy Aunties!

Had a great time!  Thanks Kristin, Ingrid, Mike and Callista!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...