This photo is of a 6 step red gradation I did using Fire Red.
I dyed this piece in a pint jar with cobalt blue dye in the bottom and bright yellow on top.
This started as a previously dyed piece of fabric. I sewed sets of concentric circles, and put rubber bands on, as well.
I dyed it in dark green dye and this is what I got. Dandilions is what it says to me. I am happy.
Once again, a piece of previously dyde fabric. I sewed concentric dome shaped lines and left the top without stitching so it would be a more solid color.
I dyed it with cobalt blue dye. The photo isn't great- there is some detail from the stitching but not enough for all the work. I think that next time, rather than immersing the peice in dye, I will lay it flat and pour the dye over it and try not to touch it!
Once again, previously dyed fabric. This time I sewed a section across the fabric that was about 4 inches widebefore the threads were drawn tight and knotted off.
This was also dyed in cobalt blue. I am happier with this piece. I was trying for Northern Lights and this definately has potential.