Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Ready to Print!

I have been carving the past few days.  The idea was to get some new pieces ready before I set up to print.  So I have 5 blocks that are ready to proof.  I finally figure out that I have been carving the background much too deeply.  The Arctic tern block is the only one that I completed after making this discovery.  Of course, eventually I will cut away all of the background, but I like to print an edition with the background, first.
Chickadee


Arctic Terns

Alutiiq Petroglyph


Mirror Image King Salmon


1 comment:

  1. I think your hand carved stamps are very good. In fact, better than mine. Makes me want to try it again. They work better on small pieces, but I recently purchased a larger wood block to use with fabric. These come from Indonesia and India. It was too expensive, but I love it. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...