Sunday, May 30, 2010

My first hand dyes

These are the first hand-dyes that I have done.  I have a daughter that is a batik artist and I had fantasies of her being my own personal dyer but it has not worked out that way.  She is much to busy.  So, I ordered a beginner's dye kit from Dharma and you can see the results here.  I used only the three primary colors.  I used to can copious quantities of salmon, but I freeze fish these days and you can do anything with frozen fish that you can do with canned fish so canning is a thing of the past and I have lots of pint canning jars so that is what I used for this project.  I really liked using glass because you can see what is going on.  But I can see that I am going to need some larger vessels and that is probably going to mean plastic that you can't see through.  It will really be a surprise!  I love these peices, but I have a hard time seeing myself using such bright colors.  I need to learn how to tone down the colors.  As soon as I was done, I made a new order to Dharma!  Another thing to spend money on!  Just what I need...

1 comment:

  1. Love your colors. I tone my colors down by adding some of the color that is opposite on the color wheel. Red with Green, Blue with Orange and so on.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...